NASF Norway Auction 2018
This year’s auction will be held on November 1st, at Grev Wedels plass 9, in Oslo, Norway. For those who cannot attend in person, an online auction will also take place!
A variety of beautiful items are up for bid, all donated by NASF friends and supporters. Proceeds from this auction help us continue our work to save the wild salmon, so mark your calendars and come join us!
November 1st, 2018 from 5:30pm – 10:00pm
Grev Wedels Plass 9, Oslo, Norway
Online Auction will begin at 6:00pm
For more information, please visit us at: reddvillaksen.no
View catalog here
To bring wild Atlantic salmon back into abundance
Who we are:
• A Norwegian nonprofit foundation established by Orri Vigfusson in 2008, a subsidiary of NASF, North Atlantic Salmon Fund
• A board of 7 members, all volunteers, with no economic compensation
• Working closely with all major Norwegian organizations with wild Atlantic salmon on the agenda
• Working internationally with all NASF associated organizations on both sides of the Atlantic
• The current environmentally detrimental farming method of open net pens must be eradicated, and replaced by enclosed systems completely separated from the outside world
• The salmon farming industry’s use of chemicals is out of control, and must be stopped immediately
• Sea netting for mixed stock wild Atlantic salmon must also be stopped immediately
• Improving the conditions of water sheds impacted by old hydro power agreements
• Double marking of all farmed salmon for easy identification of escapees
• To stop or limit all new mining and hydro developments that are threatening wild Atlantic salmon and sea run brown trout
• Funding local organisations so they may establish spawning ground and river improvement projects, in order to protect the threatend sea run brown trout
Our major source of financing is our auction, “Villaksauksjonen”, held every autumn, featuring generous donations from distributors, shops, private persons, and friends of our cause
SALMON SUMMIT – REYKJAVIK, ICELAND, MARCH 21 – 22, 2018
The 2018 Salmon Summit in Reykjavik, Iceland was an opportunity for those in the salmon conservation community to connect with advocates and industry leaders.
Participants learned about current developments in salmon conservation on both sides of the Atlantic, and engaged with their counterparts to enhance understanding, break down barriers, identify priorities, and create effective strategies and messages for 2018 and beyond. Topics covered included regulatory and science updates, as well as more specific panels on aquaculture, high seas buyouts, and strategy for advocates.
The 2018 Salmon Summit was sponsored by: